I'm just like you. And that's okay!
Did You Ever Know That You’re My Hero?
The St. Jude Marathon AJHeroes Giveaway is HERE!!!
1. What is this giveaway about, AJ?
This giveaway is about community. One of the greatest things about my hometown of Memphis, Tennessee is its strong and unfailing sense of community. When there is a need, we rally around our own until that need is met. We’re family.
I have never been more proud of my city than when I ran the St. Jude Memphis Half Marathon in 2006. The support of my fellow Memphians – the St. Jude families and survivors, the people out on their lawns along the course, and even people stuck in traffic because of the race detours – warmed my heart more than I can say.
This year I’m running the full marathon as a “Hero” – which means I’ve pledged to raise at least $500 for St. Jude. This is where the giveaway (and community) comes in.
Initially I set out to raise money on my own. Then I thought about the running community and how it really reminds me of my hometown. Runners also have a strong bond, even online. We lift each other up, we help whenever we can…we’re family! Why do it on my own when we can do so much more together?
2. How do I help?
You can help in a few ways:
- Click here and make a donation to the AJR St. Jude Marathon fundraising page.
- Spread the word!
3. I’m confused. What makes this a giveaway?
I’m so glad you asked!
What makes this a giveaway is that I have SO MUCH GEAR TO GIVE AWAY and by helping raise money for the kids of St. Jude, you will be entering a drawing to win one of 25 prizes! Yes, you read that right. There will be 25 winners!
So here’s the part you’ve been waiting for:
(Lucky!) 13TH PRIZE
AJR Swag Bags!
I will provide more details and photos soon, but until then here’s some of the cool stuff that the last ten names drawn will find in their bags:
- Tommie Copper beanie
- Tommie Copper measuring tape
- Achiva Native Energy Chai Tea Mix
- SCAPE sunblock
- nuun water bottle
- nuun tablets
4. Okay, so how do I enter the giveaway drawing?
I aim to make this A.) the most fulfilling blog giveaway you’ve ever entered and B.) the easiest blog giveaway you’ve ever entered. Below are the steps to assure your greatest chances of winning:
- Donate to the AJR St. Jude Marathon fundraising page and enter AJHERO as a personal message. This will qualify you for the drawing* and give you five starter entries. The amount donated is in no way connected with your chances of winning. I don’t care if you give $1 or $100. Give what you can!
- Check back here for periodic polls, quizzes, and activities that will be worth more entries in the drawing. I will be announcing these on Twitter and Facebook, so if you’re not following AJR yet, now would be a good time!
*You MUST donate to enter.
And THAT’S IT! See, told ya it was easy!
Winners will be chosen on December 1, 2011 – that means you have three whole months to rack up the entries!
I will be providing more information about the sponsoring companies and detailing prizes more over the weekend so stay tuned for more info on all the gear! A HUGE THANK YOU to all who have generously donated to this giveaway and in turn to the kids of St. Jude. It means more than I could ever express.
So help me prove my theory about the running community…
There is need, let’s meet it!
There are a few issues with links and photos on this page that should be corrected soon! Links and photos should be working now – please let me know if you have any issues!